There’s a lot of negative talk around at the moment about Social media, and in particular instagram…
We’ve seen people declaring that they will no longer be using instagram and are instead jumping ship to other social media platforms, TikTok, for example.
Some even claim they’re just not focusing on social media at all anymore (luckily for those people I know, they have an established business and a large email list).
But before you go ahead and close down your account, I want to share with you why you shouldn’t be turning your back on the social media platform, and provide with you some more ideas on how you can use the platform to help grow your business in 2022
Did you know Instagram was the most downloaded in in Q4 2021?! Yep - which means people are still using it, in a big way.
In fact, lets look at these stats:
- More than 1.5 billion people log into Instagram daily
- 80% of instagrammers are engaging with business content
- Despite what a lot of us are hearing and seeing online at the moment, the statistics are telling us that more and more people are using instagram every single day with users from almost every demographic citing instagram as their favourite social media platform - and that includes GenZ who we’re being lead to believe are leaving the platform in favour of tiktok.
But how are they using the platform?
- A lot of online shoppers access social media to help them do their research about brands or products before purchasing.
- 80% use Instagram to help decide if they’re going to buy something.
- 60% of people say they discover new products on Instagram
- 54% of Millennials Bought Products after Seeing Them on Instagram.
So no, it’s not time to delete Instagram, but here are some tips on making the platform work for you.
- We use the app differently now than what we did 5-7 years ago, so lets adjust our expectations
- Reach, likes, engagement aren’t as high as they used to be, however that doesn’t necessarily mean that Instagram isn’t helping us to grow our business
- Don’t focus on vanity metrics, instead understand how Instagram and the content you create for instagram supports your business
- Look to do more collaborations and if possible for you, also work with more influencers and content creators.
This conversation feels a bit funny to have...
A year ago I feel like the message was Instagram shouldn't be your only channel, don’t spend all of your time and focus there, and now I feel like I’m convincing people not walking away from the platform!
Because the truth is it’s still an incredible and free channel for us to use and our customers are still using it.
My message however remains the same today as what it was a year ago - this free platform is here to support our overall marketing strategy, and no social media platform should be the single or sole focus when it comes to marketing.
Yes, we need a social media presence however, there are still so many other incredible things that we can be doing to help us grow our business.
Links and resources:
Come say hi to me over on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kristypask/
✨✨ Learn more about my signature coaching program, The Holistic Marketing Method - https://kristypask.com/the-holistic-marketing-method/✨✨